It’s a great feeling when you get that fresh trim at the barbers. Luckily for you we’ve put together our top tips for maintaining a fresh haircut, to make that feeling last longer.
Keep your beard in shape.
To prevent your beard from becoming unruly, tidy it up between barbershop visits. Whether your sporting a short or long beard, this is one simple way to keep your face looking fresh and tidy.
- For overall trimming, shaving and edging – Aqua Blade Wet/Dry Stubble & Beard Trimmer
- For maintaining a longer beard – Beard Care Kit
Tidy up your hairline.
Keep your sideburns in check using a clipper. If the hair on you neckline tends to grow quickly, get someone else to give it a little touch up. Making sure these two areas a nicely defined will give the illusion of a new haircut, no matter the length on top.
- If you need precision and the ability to taper – Power Clipper
- A tool that will take care of your beard and hairlines – 4 in 1 Multigroomer Stainless Steel
Don’t forget the eyebrows.
This may or may not be an area your barber addresses when you’re in the chair, but giving your eyebrows a trim to eliminate any strays is a great way to keep your face looking tidy.
- With an specific detail trimmer attachment designed for eyebrows – Micro Finisher Lithium Detail Trimmer
Condition & Moisturise.
This applies to your face, hair and beard. Conditioning your hair after a wash will keep it looking healthier between cuts. Likewise for your beard, a good beard oil will keep it feeling soft, making it easier to maintain.
Choose a suitable style.
The key to easy maintenance? It all starts in the barber chair. If you know you’re not going to be a frequent visitor to the barbershop, ask your barber to give you a cut that requires less maintenance. This usually involves a longer cut, as it’s less obvious when it grows out. Use this to your advantage and play around with the style using gels and waxes.