James Martin’s Chocolate Mousse Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Using the James Martin by Wahl Hand Mixer
- 300g Dark chocolate (minimum 60% cocoa fat)
- 150g Unsalted butter
- 6 Eggs (separated)
- 50g Caster sugar
- 100g Fresh raspberries (reserve a few for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- 50ml Water
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm spring form cake tin with greaseproof paper and set the oven to 180ºC.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, using the James Martin Hand Mixer, whisk the yolks with 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and butter and mix well.
- Whisk together the egg whites with the remaining sugar until very stiff.
- Quickly fold into the chocolate mix in two batches and pour the mix into the cake tin.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, tip all the ingredients into a bowl, stir and then blend until smooth. For an extra smooth sauce simply pass through a sieve.
- To serve, place two or three spoonfuls of sauce on the centre of the plate. Set a wedge of chocolate cake on top.
- Decorate with a few fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint.