A quick and easy recipe for homemade margherita pizza – great for cooking with the kids!
300 grams all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 tin whole peeled tomatoes
Pinch of brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tbps dried oregano
1/2 tbsp dried chilli flakes
1. In a food processor, combine flour, yeast, salt, and olive oil. Turn on and mix ingredients.
2. With the food processor on, slowly pour in the warm water.
3. Leave the food processor on for about 10 more seconds to knead the dough.
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and continue to knead. Then shape into a ball.
5. Place in a bowl and cover with a towel leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
6. Tip the dough out onto a floured surface. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces.
7. Stretch the dough in to a circle and press until it’s around 8 inches wide.
1. Chop 1/2 onion and garlic cloves
2. Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a saucepan;
2. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until golden.
3. Add in tinned tomatoes and stir.
4. Bring to the boil and then simmer until thickened.
5. Add the pinch of salt and sugar. Followed by the oregano and chilli flakes. Mix well.
5. Spoon over the dough and then add toppings of your choice.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven until crisp.