Just because winter is over, doesn’t mean you should put your Slow Cooker into storage! There are plenty of ways to cook up delicious, summer meals using this versatile appliance. It’ll save you washing up and standing over a hot stove – plus you can leave it cooking whilst you go out and enjoy a summer’s day! Here’s a great summer Slow Cooker recipe to try:
Summer Slow Cooker Recipe: Slow chicken with red peppers, chorizo and chilli
1.5 kg organic corn-fed free-range chicken
4 red peppers cut into 8 and deseeded
250g chorizo cut into 5mm slices
40ml olive oil
200ml white wine
3 tbsp. shallots finely chopped
6 tbsp. flat parsley, finely chopped
1 red chili, finely chopped
1 green chili, finely chopped
2 tbsp. oregano finely chopped
½ bunch fresh chives finely chopped
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
- First turn the Slow Cooker on to high.
- Then add the peppers to the bottom with the sliced chorizo. Place the chicken on the top, pour in the wine and drizzle with olive oil and season. Cover with a lid and cook for 4 hours. Or until the chicken is cooked.
- While cooking, add all the sauce ingredients into and bowl and season.
- When the chicken is cooked remove from the slow cooker and set to one side pour the sauce mix in to the cooking liquor mix well then place the chicken on to the serving dish and pour over the cooked chicken and serve.
- Serve with rice or salad.
Digital Slow Cooker
The James Martin by Wahl Digital Slow Cooker boasts a generous 4.7 litre capacity, ideal for family-sized meals. With delay timer and ‘keep warm’ function, it will keep your tasty dish at the perfect temperature until you’re ready to dish up.