Location: Sterling House, Ramsgate
Hours: 40 hours p/w, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5 pm
We have an exciting opportunity for a team-oriented, results-driven individual to join our busy dispatch function as General Operative at our UK head office.
Reporting to the Operations Manager (Despatch), you will be required to undertake daily operational tasks to meet customer demand. This will mainly involve the picking and packing of customer orders but is not restricted to this area and we may require you to work in any of the Operations departments.
- Previous warehousing knowledge
- Use of warehousing equipment: forklifts, pallet trucks, manual handling equipment, etc
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Confident with Microsoft Office (Emails, Excel, Word)
- Able to work within a team,
- Use of handheld scanning device (HHT) for order picking and processing
- Training will be provided where necessary in all the above.
- Flexibility, commitment, and punctuality,
- Problem solving and able to work methodically,
- Attention to detail,
- Process-driven and solution focussed,
- Good communication skills & organisational abilities,
- Working to deadlines in a sometimes-pressurised environment,
- Initiative to work alone or as part of a team, taking ownership of key areas,
- A continuous improvement mindset.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Pick and pack customers’ orders to meet deadlines/KPIs.
- Pick and pack customer orders accurately and efficiently.
- Pick and pack orders to each customer’s requirement.
- Load carriers by hand and forklift and process paperwork/manifests.
- Rotate between despatch process areas on a weekly basis.
- 5S your own areas of responsibility to meet audit criteria.
- Rotation of stock in accordance with established procedures and using FIFO
- Work in a safe manner & follow Company Health & Safety rules.
- Liaise with other departments as required to meet customer demand.
Salary and Benefits:
We are realistic about remuneration for the role and offer a wide range of benefits.
If you are hardworking and committed and are interested in joining our Despatch team, please submit an application form and current CV to [email protected] .
You should include details of why you believe you are suited to this position, what skills you have and can bring to the job, and any additional information to support your application.